Thursday, January 13, 2005

Great Excuse

I remember years ago telling my girlfriend that I would only be gone a short time with the Doofdaddy to get some beer. We had left her at the residence of Doof's ex, so she was a little uncomfortable. It was either that she didn't know Doof's ex very well or she was experiencing irregularity. We had to travel quite a distance to get the beer due to state liquor laws. I think the law was that you could not buy beer in your own county unless it was raining and it was a Tuesday. We only bought a six pack and to this day, I cannot remember whether it was Miller or Lowenbrau. Remember when they would advertise "Steak and Lowenbrau"? Or the song, "Tonight, tonight. Let it be Lowenbrau"? And who can forget the classic one that went sort of like. Umm. Hmmmm. I can't remember. We must have been gone at least two hours round trip and we got thirsty on the return leg. When we arrived back at our destination with only two beers left, my girlfriend was not the least bit pleased. The Doofdaddy handled the situation by explaining that I was in a great hurry to get back to my love, so I stepped on the gas. He explained that as we hit 88 mph, we saw some strange blue flashes but we kept on driving. He added that we had only been gone about 30 minutes but it was odd that the clocks in his ex's place were an hour and a half fast.

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger doofdaddy said...

Actually, we had to bootleg beer. We didn't have much money. We bought some wine coolers (which we were fond of at the time). All we had left was enough money for some cheap beer. The time it took to drive our bootlegger back to his hosue and get to our starting location casued severe dehydration. Of course, drinking the coolers was first. By the time we arrived at said house all that was left was a cooler (or two) and cheap beer. I was no longer thirsty, so I let the women have my beer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home